Wednesday, March 15, 2006

ncaa tournament for dummies

I just stumbled across this one today. Actually, I think I found the link on Fark, but I can't be sure. Regardless, it's still an interesting little program. It takes seeding and randomly generates a complete NCAA tournament bracket. This is perfect for those who want to join their office pool, but don't want to take the time to actually fill out a bracket. Maybe I should have called it "NCAA Tournament for Lazies" (as if that's a word). I'm tempted to fill out my own bracket and then print out one of the randomly generated ones to see if I can beat it. Sort of a stripped down version of Kasparov verses Deep Blue.

I went to Brickskeller (their website is terrible) on Tuesday night. It was only the second time I've been there and I've really enjoyed it each time. I got to meet up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while, Matt and Chris from Mississippi who I hadn't seen since I graduated. Met up with Justin there too. It was nice to get out and have a couple drinks with some friends, something that's not so easy when you don't know many people in the area you live. I mentioned that our waiter bared an uncanny resemblance to Adam Brody, so Justin called him Adam a couple times. I don't think he even noticed. I'm not sure he had things completely together that night anyway; Chris' parents ordered some dessert and he said, "Do we even serve that?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Brickseller Web site is horrible.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a crush on Adam Brody or something?