Sunday, March 19, 2006

lost in dc

Yes, I got lost driving around DC today. It wasn't a lot of fun. I was on my way to this week's Ultimate Frisbee game when I took a wrong turn. The directions provided on the website, although seemingly clear sitting in the comfort of my apartment, were not entirely adequate when driving on a busy freeway in DC. So, instead of arriving at the park 20-30 minutes before the game, as I had planned, I never arrived at all. Maybe next week I'll actually be able to find it.

Just because I thought this was funny, here's a link to an XBox 360 commercial that I never actually saw on TV. It's especially funny if you play or ever have played any first person shooters. Enjoy. (Site is not safe for work.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have ordered you an astrolabe to help with travel to next weeks game. Try these directions too:

1) I-95 N to I-95 N /I-495 E *
2) I-95 N /I-495 E to I-295 N **
3) I-295 N exit on Penn Ave ***
4) Penn Ave to immediate Right onto side street
5) immediate Right to immediate Right into park

* - be in left lanes on 95 to take the flyover to 95/495
** - first exit after going over the Woodrow Willson Bridge, stay to the right on the bridge
*** - There is one tricky fork, stay to the left. If you go on the right you'll end up on 395.

(testing to see if I can put tags in a comment)

Tags: [directions] [Anacostia] [Ultimate] [DC] [HCP] [TYSEN] [HotCactusPepper]

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you'll make it next weekend, and maybe it won't be soo cold out!