Thursday, May 04, 2006

royals fans are worth $278.47

If you know me, you know that I am a sports fan.

That may be a bit of an understatement.

I love sports. In fact, watching sports is one of the few pure joys I have in life (next to the smell of bacon and the good feeling of a really long urination). Being sports fan can be tough, every year seeing your favorite team failing over and over again (Lions), but there's nothing I can do. At least that what I used to think.

This guy sold his fan allegiance on eBay. The winner of the auction got to choose the team he would cheer for from that point on. What a fantastic idea. Despite my desire to actually pull for a team that would win once in a while, I could never give up on the Lions.

Why? Because every game has to have a loser, and misery is part of what I love about sports.

No comments: